Saturday, April 14, 2007

All Nite Dinah! (Updated)

Note: I changed the sail, so instead of putting up a new post, I just updated this first one. Enjoy!

Hello!

Ok so a bit of a story here.

When I first took Animation 1, we did the on stand animation, which basically boiled down to cut out animation. I loved it, and one day while listening to Venice Shoreline Chris's song "All Nite Dinah", the idea of doing a cut out animation about two kids sailing to an island and having a little adventure came to me.

I did some designs, and put the whole thing aside in order to work on school stuff. Recently, two things have made me re-think this project.

The first was when Patrick mentioned he had rigged a character in Flash "puppet style". The second was when someone mentioned using Flash in order to make puppet-like animations. Puppets = cut outs!

So I decided to start tackling this project. I thumbnailed some shots out, and here is a rough version of one of the opening shots. I am not loving the sail, so I need to go back to fix it, but for now it's ok.

I was going for a kinda child-like look, which is why some of the colors don't fill in the shapes entirely.

I dunno, I am excited about this!



Lemme know what you think!

4 comments:

Joe said...

this looks nice tommy...yes the sail needs help...did you animate it seperately? if so then do a childlike wave principle on it and link it to the mast...i love the waves and sun...does it remind you of man boat wave? oh wait...

~JM

Patach said...

MOAR TOM!

Patach said...

Whoa, wave principle.

Joe said...

FUCKIN AWESOME!!!
xojo