Sunday, June 3, 2007

'Nother Sketcheroo

Hey.

Man, I have been slacking this past week, but I did do a fun little sketch of my new best friend, the nameless basketball player.

You may notice that I did this on newsprint, which is what I use to draw on at the figure drawing club, which I obviously was not feelin' that night.

It's tough, man. I know that artists get into ruts, but for the last six months, I feel like nothing I come up with is exciting. It's infuriating that I come up with the Tykings, or the ol' "All Night Dinah" short, or I come up with anythng else and after a week, think to myself, "Eh, it's ok."

Here's hoping this doesn't last much longer. I have some projects coming up that I am involved in, so hopefully that will rekindle my passion. Don't get me wrong, I still want to pursue my ideas, but I don't know if right now is the time.

So enjoy this drawing, and I'll catch ya on the flipside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll do fine. Whenever I draw, I try to tell myself: is what I'm doing relevant to what I want to say? Is it something I believe in? Maybe that'll help you.

Otherwise its just about revising, improving your technique.

Joe said...

rob...yes...nice
tom...yes...nice
the hands are my favorite part alongside the circling of the genital area...nice

~JM