Wednesday, June 6, 2007

More Basketball Player

In case you couldn't tell, I really enjoy drawing this guy. I can just imagine his wierd, obsessive personality in my head.

He is someone I probably would have avoided in high school.

Also, similar to one of my mentors, I seem to not like to finish anything beyond a sketch. I don't know why, but it might be because I am trying to capture a feeling, or the gesture, or the movement, rather than a nice drawing.

Or maybe I am lazy and/or have ADD.






Also, I find it interesting how different he looks since I first drew him like a month ago.

3 comments:

A Time For All Seasonings said...

when you say "how different he looks" do you like his evolution or feel you've strayed at all from the initial concept...there were some nice simplifications in the original that you should try to maintain...these are great pages btw
~JM

Anonymous said...

You've improved! Keep drawing, tom.

Unknown said...

AWESOME pages of drawing!!