Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Webcomic

Ah... The Webcomic. Big Tom to be exact. It's been a long time since I dropped it due to internet problems I couldn't be bothered to fix.

I started the comic in June of 2001, wanting to be a part of the webcomic community. It was a lot of trial and error, and of course, the results varied. The first two years alone were awful. I mean, I was inking with a ball point pen! Only after years of doing it did I realize, "Hey! a non-photo blue pencil and Micron pens work so much better!"

Anyway, it was never an attempt to make something amazing. I just wanted to play around with story ideas and characters. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. I still love the Evil Orb storyline and the Astro Zombies storyline. Sure I can do without the weird beginning stuff, but it's all part of a bigger thing.

Sometimes I wish I didn't just abandon it. Maybe I will go back to it one day. Or start it all over again! This time, with decent artwork! :)

So, to celebrate the life and limbo of the comic, I did this group picture. Most of the characters are in there... Even the few that died. Some are people I knew in real life. Some are made up. Some were influenced by movies or music.



Ah, nostalgia.

2 comments:

Graham A Sher said...

Thanks a lot guys, now I'm nostalgia.

V Doom said...

fuck ya nostalgia