Saturday, July 7, 2007

Calamity In The Classroom!

Hello again.

It's been a while eh?

This is a quick sketch (and an even quicker color job) for a concept I pitched for this art club thingy I "belong" to. I say "belong" because, well, I haven't participated in a good month. But the concept I pitched was basically that you had a single image to capture and summarize a piece of art, film, music, or anything else you were bringing to a studio. This is mine. I won't say what I'm trying to say with it, but needless to say, I don't know if I have the time to make a final draft of this. I hope I can, because I like it a lot.

Incidently, I wanna thank Victor for helping me with the pose. I had the character sitting much more upright, and Victor did a quick sketch with him hunched down, which works a lot better!



Or maybe I'll make this the final version. I like how raw it is.

See ya next time!

2 comments:

DrDoom said...

good job ruffel. I would only change the direction the flames move in have them move the same way the book does!

Joe said...

nice...i think mtx's pants may need to be a different color, though, cuz they have a sort of skin tone to them and it looks like he has none on...

~JM